Volusia County’s Premier Charter School
A Private School Education at a Public School Price
Reading Edge Academy dedicated to launching children’s academic careers with success, confidence, and a love for reading. Reading Edge Academy is a “B” school. For more information on our school grade please visit FLDOE School Grades website.
Reading Edge Academy is a Charter School, and serves children in grades Kindergarten through fifth, with instruction in: Reading, Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, Physical Education, Art, and Music. Our vision and purpose is to ensure a firm foundation in all core subjects.
Our Academy is a safe place to learn, where people are kind. Consideration, kindness, and forgiveness are the usual way of life. Real laughter comes from sharing meaningful work and play, and the rules are few but fair. The program of the school is built upon research-based concepts.
You can contact us at any time with your student-related or parent inquiry. We look forward to welcoming you to our growing family of Premier Academies.
The vision and purpose of the Reading Edge Academy is to ensure that all enrolled students will begin their school careers with success, confidence and a firm foundation in all core subjects, with particular emphasis on students’ reading abilities.
Why Choose This School?
- employ Florida Certfied Teachers.
- offer free Public Education (no tuition).
- have a strong emphasis on reading skills.
- have a multi-faceted and innovative approach.
- are small and we have a nurturing family school atmosphere.
- are in full-compliance with the Class Size Amendment Act: Grades K thru 3rd have 18 students, Grades 4th and 5th have 22 students.
- are designed for every child to succeed and develop self-esteem and confidence.
- offer remedial, practice, and enrichment activities with small group instruction.
- require uniforms.
- have a safe environment for learning.
- use technology.
- teach to your child’s reading level.
- offer a before and after school program.
- have an active Parent Teacher Academy.