A Private School Education at a Public School Price
Samsula Academy is a Volusia County Charter School and sister school of Reading Edge Academy, Inc. in Debary, Florida. Samsula Academy is an “A” school. For more information on our school grade please visit FLDOE School Grades website. Our goal is to provide a rich well-rounded education for every student in a structured, happy, and secure environment. We foster responsibility, courtesy, and enthusiasm for learning.
Our commitment to a complete well-rounded education includes the four core disciplines and art, music, movement and physical education. We are dedicated to teaching our students and families to choose to live a healthy lifestyle. Our school follows the Common Core standards. Our goal is to teach to mastery. All students K -5 have access to use our computer and Promethean Interactive white board laboratories. Samsula Academy’s dedication to academic excellence is evidenced by the “A” rating from the Florida Department of Education.
Samsula Academy is part of a long and rich educational heritage. Originally established as a two room school house in 1912, the campus grew with the community, serving as a public elementary school for 95 years. The school made the successful conversion to charter school status in 2008, and continues to deliver quality education to the community and surrounding area children. We welcome visitors and interested families to schedule a visit to our campus to learn more about our school and programs.
The vision and purpose of the Samsula Academy is to ensure that all enrolled students will begin their school careers with success, confidence and a firm foundation in all core subjects, with particular emphasis on students’ reading abilities.
Why choose us?
- employ Florida Certified Teachers.
- offer free Public Education (no tuition).
- have a strong emphasis on reading skills.
- have a multi-faceted and innovative approach through differentiated instruction.
- are small with a nurturing family school atmosphere.
- are in full-compliance with the Class Size Amendment Act: Grades K thru 3rd have 18 students, Grades 4th and 5th have 22 students.
- are designed for every child to succeed and develop self-esteem and confidence.
- offer remedial, practice, and enrichment activities with small group instruction.
- require uniforms.
- have a safe environment for learning.
- use technology.
- use Common Core
- teach to your child’s reading level.
- offer a before and after school program.
- offer after school sports for grades 3-5
- have an active Parent Teacher Academy.
Motivated To Learn
The Samsula Academy is a safe place where:
- people are kind.
- consideration, kindness, and forgiveness are the usual way of life.
- there is real laughter that comes from sharing meaningful work and play.
- there are rules. The rules are few but fair, and are made by the adults and children at the Academy.
- people listen to one another because they care about each other and show it.
- our students and families give back to the community by participating in raising funds which are donated to local charities such as: Relay for Life, St. Judes, Math-a-Thon, Pasta for Pennies, Jump Rope for Heart, and collecting canned food items for a local food bank, to name a few.