The Importance of Volunteering
Why Families are asked to Volunteer for their child’s School
- Research has proven that students do better academically when their parents or family are directly involved with their school.
- Volunteering makes the school: a special place, a friendly place
- Volunteering helps the school show how much it is family oriented
- Volunteering supports additional programs like: book fairs, field day, fundraising, Teacher Appreciation week, field study trips, assisting with keeping school ground looking beautiful, donating the extra needed supplies for classrooms, lunch program, 5th grade graduation party for students and so much more
- Remember you are teaching your child(ren) what it means to keep a promise and to help the school using your various talents. Everyone has a talent of some kind.
- Volunteers are needed throughout the year and their time is appreciated.
- Time is one of the most valuable things you can offer your child(ren) and your child(ren)’s school.
- Parents sign a Parent Contract each year with the understanding it is a commitment they are making to their child and their child’s school.
- The commitment is a promise to fulfil your required 30 volunteer hours.
Parent Concerns: Kindly remember the Samsula Family Facebook page is used for celebrations only. These are the ways to express your concerns:
- Call the school office and speak with Administration 386.423.6650
- Email Peggy firstname.lastname@example.org or Maryann email@example.com Please put PARENT CONCERN in the subject line.
- Make an appointment to speak with Mrs. Comardo. She travels between two schools. The number is 386.423.6650
“I sincerely hope this assists parents in reaching out with concerns to be heard by the Administration.” – Mrs. Comardo
Free & Reduced Lunch Application. You will receive two (2) service hours for submitting!
To join Samsula Academy Remind, please use this link: https://www.remind.com/join/samsulaa
ALL volunteer applications will expire on June 30, 2020. Please take the time to complete a volunteer application by selecting this link: Online volunteer application
Be sure to select all FUNCTIONS for which you would like to volunteer. Only the functions you select will be visible when you sign-in to volunteer.
is a suspicious activity reporting tool that allows you to instantly relay information to appropriate law enforcement agencies and school officials.
For more information, click HERE.
- Please sign up for your Volunteer Profiles. This is how we will be logging ALL of the volunteer hours this year. Please click HERE, put in your email, and you will receive an email to update your profile shortly after.
Safety & Security:
Reading Edge Academy, Inc. adheres to Volusia County School District’s policy on bullying: “It is the policy of the Volusia County School District that all of its students and school employees have an educational setting that is safe, secure, and free from bullying, harassment, or discrimination of any kind. Conduct that constitutes bullying and harassment, as defined herein, is prohibited.”