The Importance of Volunteering
Why Families are asked to Volunteer for their child’s School
- Research has proven that students do better academically when their parents or family are directly involved with their school.
- Volunteering makes the school: a special place, a friendly place
- Volunteering helps the school show how much it is family oriented
- Volunteering supports additional programs like: book fairs, field day, fundraising, Teacher Appreciation week, field study trips, assisting with keeping school ground looking beautiful, donating the extra needed supplies for classrooms, lunch program, 5th grade graduation party for students and so much more
- Remember you are teaching your child(ren) what it means to keep a promise and to help the school using your various talents. Everyone has a talent of some kind.
- Volunteers are needed throughout the year and their time is appreciated.
- Time is one of the most valuable things you can offer your child(ren) and your child(ren)’s school.
- Parents sign a Parent Contract each year with the understanding it is a commitment they are making to their child and their child’s school.
- The commitment is a promise to fulfil your required 30 volunteer hours.
Teachers in our school are participating in a research study conducted by Florida State University to better understand how a professional learning program for teachers called Cognitively Guided Instruction impacts mathematics teaching and learning. You have the right to have your child’s information withheld from the study if you do not wish to participate. Please review the parental notification letter here for more information about the study. https://teachingisproblemsolving.org/parental-notification
Save 10% off the yearbook if you order by Sept. 30th. Please click here for the flyer with more information.
ForityFL is a suspicious activity reporting tool that allows you to instantly relay information to appropriate law enforcement agencies and school officials. For more information, click HERE.
ALL volunteer applications will expire on June 30, 2020. Please take the time to complete a volunteer application by selecting this link: Online volunteer application
Be sure to select all FUNCTIONS for which you would like to volunteer. Only the functions you select will be visible when you sign-in to volunteer.
Safety & Security:
Reading Edge Academy Inc, adheres to Volusia County School District’s policy on bullying: “It is the policy of the Volusia County School District that all of its students and school employees have an educational setting that is safe, secure, and free from bullying, harassment, or discrimination of any kind. Conduct that constitutes bullying and harassment, as defined herein, is prohibited.”